Paying for incontinence supplies can be expensive. Fortunately, some potential opportunities exist for users who cannot work due to disability. One of these is the Ontario Disability Support Program. This government program will assist in paying for your incontinence supplies.
What is ODSP?
The Ontario Disability Help Program (ODSP) is a social welfare program that offers income and job support to people with disabilities. In addition, individuals on ODSP may be eligible for financial assistance for medical supplies provided by the Ministry of Community and Social Services. The ODSP-Mandatory Special Necessities Benefit covers the cost of medical supplies.
Eligibility – You Must:
- Resident of Ontario
- Be in financial need
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a person with a disability – as defined under the ODSP Act
How do you Receive Incontinence Supplies from ODSP?
Starting the Application Process
If you are presently receiving Ontario Works, you can request assistance from your case worker in beginning the ODSP application process. If you have yet to receive Ontario Works, you can apply for ODSP by phone or online.
By phone: Contact the ODSP Information Line at 1-888-789-4199
Online: Use the following link to complete your ODSP assessment of financial eligibility online https://www.ontario.ca/page/social-assistance
- Contact your physician or your local Ontario Disability Support Office and acquire a Mandatory Special Necessities Benefit Form (MSN). Your Doctor will fill out the MSN form.
- Once your caseworker approves, we will provide you with a quote for your monthly required supplies.
- Reminder: have your caseworker provide the following information (Name, Phone/Fax number, and member ID number).
- Once the quote is fulfilled and all paperwork is complete, a healthcare expert will contact you for further instructions.
- Products will be shipped to your front door discreetly upon an agreed date.
Gladwell Care has partnered with the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) to provide you with all your incontinence needs.